The day after tomorrow


Yesterday, when the time was young and ripe
As I took my first few steps towards life
Feelings were sold and surviving was fair
My soul never shivered for all the smiles that I dared
Sin was joyous, the voice was rude
Skin was beautiful, mind had an attitude
Time never mattered, dreams never shared
Skill was present, but shapes never fared
Today, as the run begins for a major identity
I am seemingly lost in what’s in within me
Mind over matter, or the heart should rule
Everything’s given, or is there something to prove?
Shining alone, or appreciating one’s needs
Waiting for love, or invading free
Dividing the illusions, and seeing what’s real
Or making conclusions, depending on a fair deal
Shaping things to suit my zest,
Or innovating surprises to entertain the rest
Tomorrow seems foregone,
Change is what I need
Another time, another day, another life, another me
All so dubious, all is so scary
If the present is so haunting, the future could be sorry
Over the mountain, across the seas
Buildings in the city, or the villages so weary
Brightness of stability, or the darkness of pain
Everywhere found, or a man without a name
Recurring thoughts, constant maze
Never is peace, always is regrets
If this is life, then how is death?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

solitude is bliss

Moment I cant get out of !

ETERNAL KID