Yesterday, when the time was young and ripe As I took my first few steps towards life Feelings were sold and surviving was fair My soul never shivered for all the smiles that I dared Sin was joyous, the voice was rude Skin was beautiful, mind had an attitude Time never mattered, dreams never shared Skill was present, but shapes never fared Today, as the run begins for a major identity I am seemingly lost in what’s in within me Mind over matter, or the heart should rule Everything’s given, or is there something to prove? Shining alone, or appreciating one’s needs Waiting for love, or invading free Dividing the illusions, and seeing what’s real Or making conclusions, depending on a fair deal Shaping things to suit my zest, Or innovating surprises to entertain the rest Tomorrow seems foregone, Change is what I need Another time, another day, another life, another me All so dubious, all is so scary If the present is so haunting, the future cou...
Comments
Post a Comment